The Acadia Centre for Social and Business Entrepreneurship (ACSBE) is partnering with the Government of Nova Scotia to offer a FREE, 40-hour Workplace Education Training Program to small businesses in Lunenburg and Queens Counties. This training program will focus on developing computer skills for small businesses.
Characteristics of Workplace Education:
- The focus is on developing the essential skills, computer skills in this case
- The content is tailored to the needs of the specific participants
- The program has clear, measurable goals
- The participants evaluate the process – both during and after the program
- Each person’s progress and results are confidential
- Classes are small, with 7-12 participants in each program
- The training is delivered by qualified and experienced instructors
The Benefits of Workplace Education:
- Build confidence and morale
- Increase productivity
- Improve communication and teamwork
- Reduce staff turnaround
- Manage change and help people to adapt
Specific Information About this FREE Training Opportunity
Topic: Computer Skills for Small Business
- This program will offer 40 hours of computer training customized to the needs of small business owners in Lunenburg and Queens County over an eight-week period. This will begin with basic computer skills and build on advanced skills throughout the program.
- Throughout this program we will use software, such as Excel and Simply Accounting, to target the development of financial skills for small business.
When: Wednesday evenings, 5:30pm – 9:30pm, May 8th – June 26th, 2013
Where: ACSBE Bridgewater (373 King Street, Bridgewater, NS
How to Apply:
Our instructor will contact you for a one-on-one meeting
We welcome you to contact us with your questions and concerns, or to get additional information regarding this opportunity. Please contact Michelle:
1 (866) 654 – 4499
373 King Street, Bridgewater, NS
See more information about this FREE opportunity online at: Workplace Education website.